Welcome to Shelly's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Page.
Hopefully this page will help answer some of the questions you may have!
- Is Shell's Cakes currently accepting orders?
- Unfortunately not. Shelly is currently focusing on other opportunities.
- When will Shell's Cakes reopen?
- I'm sorry, but a timeframe hasn't been determined
- What information do you need to provide a quote?
- For an accurate quote, please provide: the number of servings, design of cake wanted (ex: sheet cake, tiered cake, wedding cake, 3D),
and any desired decorations.
- If delivery is needed outside of Snoqualmie, please also include the delivery zip code.
- Are all of your baked good made from scratch?
- Yes, all of Shell's Cakes are baked from scratch and made to order rather than keeping stock in a freezer like the large retail chains.
This ensures you get the freshest and moistest cake you've ever had!
- How much experience do you have decorating cakes?
- Shelly worked in a retail outlet managing a bakery/deli for several years. In 2010 she also decided to start teaching cake decorating as well.
She taught the Wilton method of decorating for three years before deciding to focus more attention on her dream: Shell's Cakes.
- Do you deliver?
- Yes, delivery is available all over Western Washington State. Simply send the zip code or address for delivery for a quote.
- Delivery in Snoqualmie is free!
- What are your prices?
- Pricing will be available when Shell's Cakes reopens.
- How much notice do you need?
- Here's the deal... Shell's Cakes is a part-time, one-woman show so she has to limit the number of orders she can take in a week. Because of this,
she tends to get booked months in advance, especially for weekend deliveries. In popular wedding months, like May and June, she may be booked a
year in advance. Long story short, as soon as you know the date of your event, let her know! You don't need to know the theme, number of guests, or
other details to reserve the date. You just need to pay a non-refundable deposit and you'll be on the books. The deposit amount is 50% of whatever
the minimum price will be, based on approximate guest count. We can figure out the details as we get closer to the date! Now, in saying all of this,
it never hurts to ask if she's available, even if it's "last minute." But, in her own words, "Please promise me you won't get mad at me if I say
'Sorry, I'm booked already'."
- Am I required to make a deposit?
- Yes, since Shelly purchases all the ingredients to make your dessert from scratch, she does ask for a 50% deposit to secure your supplies and save
the date for you.
- Where are you located?
- Shell's Cakes is operated in beautiful Snoqualmie, Washington State.